Radiological Control Technician [Mid to Senior Level] – (Idaho Falls, ID)
This position will serve our client in Idaho Falls, ID.
Duties: to include but not limited to:
- Performs tasks and work scope as defined below in Principal Duties and Responsibilities, Additional Duties and Responsibilities, and as directed by management.
- Works in accordance with approved training, policies, procedures, and instructions and in a safe manner.
- Maintains assigned reading and required reading as required for the position.
- Performs work in conformance with the Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS), Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) principles and functions, and Stop Work Authority.
- Participates in the identification and resolution of health and safety issues through active involvement and support of the ESIT and KEYS programs.
- Makes recommendations for innovative ideas or approaches to processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in the preparation and review of procedures and other related documents, as applicable.
- Provides support to cost savings initiatives, as applicable.
- Responsible for completion of assigned training, qualifications/certifications, assigned reading, and required reading.
- Ensures recurring training and qualifications/certifications remain current.
- Provides work coverage and oversight for maintenance, operational and routine work that involves radioactive materials.
- Provides monitoring for Radiation, Contamination and Airborne Radioactivity in the work place.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Perform required radiological surveys for free release of material at RBA, personnel surveys for contamination, surveys for contamination control, radiation control, airborne radioactivity control and surveys to categorize waste for shipment.
- Provide Radiological work coverage, radiological work/practices oversight and mentoring; write radiological control work permits, enforce radiological control requirements, ensure ALARA principles are followed during work and respond to radiological emergencies as required.
- Survey waste material, excess materials, vehicles, areas and other materials.
- Maintain proficiency and qualifications through completion of work, self-study and training activities.
- Local candidates preferred
- High School diploma and current DOE core Certification from a DOE facility or Technical College
- Vo-tech certification or equivalent in radiation protection
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Hold or obtain security clearance and maintain clearance for duration of employment
- Must be a US citizen
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume in word format
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Job Openings