Writing and Editing
Preferred Wording and Error Reduction
RED, Inc. writers reach your customers through well-written, accurately researched information. RED, Inc. writers come from various media and communication backgrounds our writers have the demonstrated experience to create clever copy, assist authors with clarifying ideas, and tight document structure.
Typos and punctuation errors in publications are embarrassing and unprofessional. RED, Inc. editors correct grammatical errors which distract readers from the content. RED, Inc. documents are consistent, correct, and readable.
The writers at RED, Inc. have extensive experience in preparing documentation for publication, including:
- NEPA documentation
- Training manuals
- End-user documentation
- Scientific and research documentation
- Research and develop material for technical topics
- Operational procedures
- RCRA research, development, and demonstration permit applications
- Curriculum development
- Grant and proposal writing
- Marketing materials
- Scientific & Technical Publications
The staff works with subject matter experts to write and prepare accurate material. In some cases, the staff researches topics or regulations and prepares material for subject matter expert approval. We organize, create, assign and distribute your project through the production process to ensure a quality end product. RED, Inc. will effectively and efficiently see your project through, from start to finish.
The look and layout of your technical material is important. Not only does it allow your material to be comprehensive and concise, but it portrays a professional standard of excellence. RED, Inc. desktop publishers can prepare technical reports, newsletters, procedures, scientific and technical documents, etc. for printing. With the latest technology and format capabilities, RED, Inc. will organize your printed materials creatively, sparking current and potential customer’s interest.
RED, Inc. employs a staff of highly skilled desktop publishers who have more than 20 years combined experience in preparing all levels of technical documentation and procedures for publication. They work closely with the writing/editing staff to prepare complex documentation for publication. Their expertise involves an in-depth knowledge of various software packages such as FrameMaker and Microsoft Office 365.
These individuals have a strong understanding of pre-press requirements, macro development, equation editors, table package functions, building index tables for index generation, endnotes, table of contents development, and formatting requirements.
The RED, Inc. staff of technical writers, graphic designers, and desktop publishers provided support to the National Park Service in the development of the Exotic Plant Management Plan / Environmental Impact Statement. This plan analyzed the range of alternatives and actions for the management of exotic plants in nine south Florida and Caribbean parks.
South Florida and Caribbean Parks
Exotic Plant Management Plan and Environmental Impact Statement
This project took approximately one year to complete and publish a document distributed to stakeholders, the public, and federal agencies. RED, Inc. was responsible for the project management of the document production process, which included support from the following RED, Inc. departments.
- Graphic Design - Cover design, map design, public meeting materials, and website design and development
- Technical Writing - Editing and writing support for the document, managing the documentation production process, working closely with SMEs to prepare the document, attending public meetings, writing and preparing public involvement materials, and tracking public comments.
- Desktop Publishing - Incorporating editorial changes, developing document template and layout according to National Park Style Guide, creating indices, tables of contents, and preparing print-ready document.
- Public Relations - Attending public meetings, taking notes, organizing the meetings and logistics, maintaining the database for public comments.