Medical Office Support Assistant (Charleston, S. Carolina)
This position will serve our client in Charleston S. Carolina. The duties of this position are to perform a variety of clerical support duties, which facilitate the work of all clinic staff related to patient care and treatment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform the duties of a clinic receptionist
- Greet patients and visitors, receive and take appropriate action on phone calls
- Provide assistance to patients and visitors as needed or required
- Complete required check-in and check-out procedures for all patients.
- Prepare medical records and forms for use by staff and ensure proper documentation of all forms and documents are generated as a result of the visit
- Schedule patients and inform of any special administrative requirements in advance of appointment
- Input and retrieve data from computer system in conjunction with booking appointments, retrieving reports and end-of-day processing
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Active security DON clearance
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Knowledge of the Guidelines of the HIPPA laws
- Trained in the following software types; CHCS, AHLTA, EWSR, DEERS, TIPS, TRICARE and Network Referral Systems
- Strong understanding of computer systems sufficient to work with various, MS Office applications (Word, Excel, and Access)
- Type 40 WPM
- Knowledge of clinic procedures
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Capable of multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Clerical duties not limited to: proper phone procedures, data entry, filling, medical documentation protocols.
- Must have at least 3 years of on the job experience.
- Maintain current certification American Heart Association Basic Life Support
- Up to date on immunizations
- Must be a U. S. citizen
- Must pass security background check
- Pre-employment drug screen
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume in word format to email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled