Graphic Designer – (Idaho Falls, ID)
Skilled Graphic Designer who will be responsible for developing and/or designing web sites. Working with web developers to create, maintain, and update client-based web sites. Plans, directs and coordinates all aspects of a project from conceptualization through completion. Using strong graphic design skills, produces original art work and illustrations for inclusion in scientific, engineering, and administrative publications or presentations. Designs and creates illustrations for inclusion in brochures, three-dimensional presentations, videos, displays, posters and multi-media presentations. Produces charts and graphics for inclusion in scientific and technical documents.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Design, build, and maintain web site and software applications
- Edit web site content
- Maintain an understanding of the latest web applications and programming practices through education, study, and participation in conferences, workshops, and groups.
- Identify problems uncovered by customer feedback and testing, and correct or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction
- Evaluate code to ensure it meets industry standards, is valid, is properly structured, and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems
- Expert level development and high-end print ready production of reports, extensive experience in graphic design and illustration and toolsets such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Section 508 preparation, and HTML and interactive page development.
- Demonstrated ability to incorporate Government branding to large scale Government publication development and web sites. Applied graphic design and conceptualization experience.
- Ability to meet simultaneous deadlines and milestones, track incoming changes and respond quickly to multiple revisions within a tight turnaround. Flexibility to quickly adjust to allow for changing priorities.
- In depth experience in preparing print ready files for offset printing
- Develop production planning schedules.
- Be familiar with and implement requirements of the Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act: Electronic and Information Technology Accessibility Standards.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design or related field
- 5 years’ experience preferred
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Must be able to work individually, as well as with a team
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to obtain a favorable completed National Agency Check and maintain clearance for duration of employment
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disability