Radiological Control Technicians (RCTs) – (Idaho Falls, ID)Radiological Technical Specialist and Mid to Senior Level
Radiological Technical Specialist and Mid to Senior Level
Duties: to include but not limited to:
- Performs tasks and work scope as defined below in Principal Duties and Responsibilities, Additional Duties and Responsibilities, and as directed by management.
- Perform required radiological surveys for free release of material at RBA, personnel surveys for contamination, surveys for contamination control, airborne radioactivity control, and surveys to categorize waste for shipment.
- Makes recommendations for innovative ideas or approaches to processes and procedures to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Assists in the preparation and review of procedures and other related documents, as applicable.
- Provide radiological work coverage, write radiological control work permits (RWP), enforce radiological control requirements, ensure ALARA principles are followed during work and respond to radiological emergencies as required. Validate safe conduct of radiological work.
- Survey waste material, excess materials, vehicles, and other materials as needed. Serve as radiological oversight mentors and advisors to facility personnel conducting radiological work.
- Perform ongoing RadCon surveillance and assessments. Provide evaluation feedback to the RadCon foreman and supervisor related to the adequacy of the worker radiological training and the work organizations implementation of the RadCon program.
- Performs work in conformance with the Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS), Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) principles and functions, and Stop Work Authority.
- Participates in the identification and resolution of health and safety issues through active involvement and support of the ESIT and KEYS programs.
- DOE Core Certification
- Vocational college certification or equivalent in radiation protection
- 2 years field experience performing radiological work coverage and monitoring in an NRC or DOE regulated activity
- NRRPT certification preferred
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Hold or obtain security clearance and maintain clearance for duration of employment
- Must be a US citizen
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled