Network Engineer – (Idaho Falls, ID)
This position will serve our client in Idaho Falls.
Duties: to include but not limited to:
The Network Engineer will utilize engineering knowledge, practices, and techniques to solve applied and operational problems related to IT infrastructure. Perform daily operational tasks as directed in information technology. Areas include network/telecommunications, network security, network management, network engineering, and network operations. This position will focus on the boundary protection and firewall daily operations and requires the ability to understand INL infrastructure and deployment in support of firewall rule requests and URL filtering tasks.
- Perform daily firewall operations, approving firewall rule modifications, endpoint and remote-client VPN devices, IPS rules, etc.
- Specify design of, deploy and maintain cyber communication systems (i.e., firewalls, DMZ, etc.) as directed by immediate manager.
- Has authority to perform normal aspects of job without significant direction, conferring with management on unusual matters.
- Must hold a current DOE “L” clearance
- Bachelor’s degree and 4 years relevant experience
- Checkpoint firewall administration experience required
- Experience in Layer 2, 3, and 4 switching and token passing architectures
- Experience with Protocols: Internet protocol suite TCP/IP (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Experience with Enterprise network management applications
- Exposure to Linuz, Sun Solaris OS architectures
- Experience in Windows system administration
- Hold or obtain security clearance and maintain clearance for duration of employment
- Must be a US citizen
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume in word format to email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled