Mechanical Engineer – (Piketon, OH)
This position will serve our client at the Portsmouth Gaseous Diffusion Plant in Piketon OH.
Duties: to include but not limited to:
Under general supervision, performs Design Engineering job functions as assigned by management.
Typical job responsibilities assist and support management in engineering design and development.
The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management in one or more of the following functional areas: civil, structural, architectural, mechanical, electrical or chemical in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Performs with tracking and trending of Design performance
- Performs maintenance/supports Design operability or engineering evaluations when necessary
- Prepares dispositions problem reports on assigned projects.
- Performs project engineering functions involving monitoring of progress and preparation of procedures identifies and evaluates project issues and problems.
- Prepares forecasts, quality take-offs and change orders.
- Conducts feasibility studies and evaluates potential technologies.
- Prepares scheduling, estimates, progress reports, meetings, procurement activities, etc. necessary to support project activities utilizing professional engineering techniques with a wide latitude for independent action and decision.
- Performs research to analyze and validate design or theory concepts.
- Subject matter expert
- Assists in training preparation and facilitation.
- Evaluates operations and proposed modifications to determine compliance with engineering disciplines and standards, federal, state or local statutes and regulations as well as project/company policy
- Perform technical review, troubleshooting and day to day technical support for maintenance,
- operations and other engineering groups.
- Utilize vendor data and work with personnel from other disciplines, as required, for performance of designs.
- Develops a Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) estimate.
- Reviews, compiles and documents all input/outputs.
- Ensures completion of Technical Reviews, including USQD screenings, Safety Evaluations, Safety
- Basis changes, etc..
- Lead role for projects as assigned.
- Interfaces with other technical and production organizations to compile the technical information required to prepare the documentation.
- Serves as a resource for lower level positions.
- Provides assigned technical or functional support to operations and team members.
- Performs a variety of tasks complex in
- BS in Mechanical or Civil Engineering
- 2 years job related experience
- Minimum of 1 year of DOR and/or nuclear experience
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Hold or obtain DOE L security clearance and maintain clearance for duration of employment
- Must be a US citizen
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
If you are interested in the position, please email your resume in word format to email@example.com